Friday, October 3, 2008

stuffed peppers! Vegan MoFo day 3!




One of the lovely ladies I work with gives me produce out of her garden from time to time. The last thing she gave me was a bag filled with about a dozen HUGE green peppers! Now, I do enjoy green peppers, but I wasn't sure how I was going to eat so many without them going bad. I figured the smartest thing to do was to stuff them, so I could freeze any leftovers for another time.




I made my filling with a mix of tofu, onions, tomato paste and rice as the base ingredients. I also added loads of spices, hot sauce, soy sauce and garlic oil to the mix. Baked them in a covered dish until the peppers were cooked through and topped them with some nooch. Amazing. The best part will be pulling a couple out of the freezer when there's five feet of snow on the ground and tasting the freshness of summer.

5 comments:

VeganView said...

What a great idea to freeze them to get some summer in those chilly winter nights. And I am sure the nooch will make it fantastic ;)

Bethany said...

I love how stuffed peppers are so simple, but so yummy. you have to do a post when you unfreeze them.

Bex said...

Stuffed peppers are so yummy. Good idea to freeze them for later.

Veg-a-Nut said...

These look wonderful. When my garden runneth over with bell peppers I dice them up and freeze them. They last forever and saves you a step when cooking sauces.

Joey Alexithymia said...

can i be lame and ask if u could post a proper recipe up? i suck at cooking, but would love to try this!