Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mac and Nooch!


I really love macaroni and nuritional yeast cheese. I know some people are turned off by the taste/smell of nooch, but I can't get enough of it.

I decided to try making the recipe I had bookmarked on Lindyloo's blog a while ago.


It is definitely one of the creamiest macs I've had the pleasure of trying, but there was not nearly enough nooch flavour for my taste. I added about 1/4 c more than the recipe called for. I also topped the finished product with some smoked paprika.

I also usually add some frozen peas to my mac before I put it in the oven, but I didn't have anything handy to throw in except edamame. I decided to just cook them up and have them on the side.


I topped mine with some gomashio and they made an excellent accompaniment to the mac and nooch.

2 comments:

VeganView said...

Oooh that mac and cheese looks sooo tasty. I am also a fan of nooch and papirika with mine as well!

Bex said...

I love nooch, I'm not ashamed.