Saturday, October 4, 2008

japanese lunch.



When I'm trying to figure out what to make with what I have in the house, I almost always start up my rice cooker and plan my meal while the rice is steaming. I'm fresh out of white sushi rice, so I brought the bag of brown out of the back of the pantry. I'm not always the biggest fan of brown rice. If it were up to me, I'd have zakkoku-mai over regular brown, but the weather is taking a turn here, and the brown rice was just right for a gloomy Buffalo day.




I topped my rice with some gomashio and umeboshi. For the main part of the meal, I stir fried some mushrooms and broccoli in garlic and sesame oil. Served it along with some smoked tofu with sichuan sauce and sesame seeds.




Very satisfying. I've been really good about blogging every day, I'm pretty proud of myself!

2 comments:

Lisa -- Cravin' Veggies said...

That looks delicious!

VeganView said...

Excellent photos...making me hungry! I really think i need to get a rice cooker now!