Wednesday, October 1, 2008

1st Day of Vegan MoFo!



The Vegan Month of Food is here! The idea is to post about vegan food every day, so you can expect to see more from me. I'll be on vacation for a few days in the middle of the month, but I'll try to make up for it with a few extra posts here and there.

Here in Western New York, autumn is definitely with us. The leaves have almost all changed, the sky is always a shade of grey and the stores are stocked up with cider and pumpkins.

The mood for ice cream is slowly drifting away, so I've been trying to finish up what I have in the house.


Purely Decadent Turtle Tracks is my favourite by a wide margin. Caramel sauce and chocolate-coated praline pecans in vanilla ice cream. Served up in a waffle cone, doesn't get much better than that.

I'll try to focus more on food that you don't simply scoop out of a carton for the rest of the month. I don't really know what I'll be posting! Hope it doesn't bore everyone to tears, either way.